Day Trip to Lake Bled & Ljubljana
The Most of Slovenia Within One Experience
Join us on this small group shore excursion journey to amazing Alpine pearl Lake Bled and Europe`s green capital Ljubljana in a comfortable, clean, air conditioned up to date people`s carrier/van or minibus for up to 18 persons max.
Definitely one of the best options to experience Slovenia.
We will meet at the cruise ship terminal or other preferred location in Koper and head directly to Ljubljana which is the capital and largest city in Slovenia. It is the cultural, educational, economic, political and administrative centre of the country. In approx one hour ride in a comfortable air conditioned car, van or minibus we will drive trough the picturesque land of Slovenia. On the way your driver/ escort will introduce you our country in terms of history, tradition, politics, statistics.. As we arrive to Ljubljana you will be dropped off in the heart of the old town in the best starting location to explore this amazing green town on your own. You will have up to 2 hours of free time to see the town`s most important buildings and monuments such as Ljubljana castle, Ljubljana Town Hall, the Triple Bridge, the Shoemakers Bridge, Ljubljana Cathedral, the Robba Fountain, Prešeren Square, Congress Square and Ljubljanica river (where the feeling of the old town life is felt the most) and other attractions. You will also have enough time to do some shopping in the old town or just sit and have an nice glass of great Slovenian wine or a cup of coffee at the banks of Ljubljanica river. After approx 2 hours we will meet again and head directly to lake Bled. On the way to lake Bled (45 minutes) you will get all the important information about Bled from your passionate driver/ escort. As we will arrive to Bled you will once again be dropped off at the best location and will have a chance and enough time (up to to 2 hours) to explore and absorb this alpine fairytale gem on your own. Whether you will just walk around the lake, take a Pletna boat to the island with the Gothic church dedicated to the Assumption of Mary, or have a glass of amazing Slovenian wine, or try famous Bled Kremšnita cake we assure you that you will stay speechless by visiting this one of the oldest Slovenian tourist resorts under the Alps with a guardian fairytale castle on the top of the breathtaking cliff. You will also have a chance to take some beautiful photos of the lake and island, castle and the nearby Alps. If agreed and have enough time we can also make a reservation at a traditional Slovene domestic guesthouse (since 1909) for the lunch at very affordable price. (not included in price) After the visit of bled we will meet once again and drive back to Koper in a smooth and relaxing way. (approx 2hrs).
This is definitely one of the best ways to experience Slovenia
Warm welcome to Koper- Slovenia
Slovenia Daytrip Team
- Hotel or cruise port pickup and drop-off
- All transportation
- Up to date comfortable air conditioned people`s carrier/van/minibus
- English speaking driver/ escort
- Basic Insurance
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Food and drinks
- Pletna boat ride
- Ljubljana Castle Funicular
- Cruise passenger terminal in Koper
- Hotel or any other preferred pickup location
Departure time is usually exactly 1 hour after the ship docks. Please wait for our confirmation email with all the important details within 24 hours after the booking.
Hotel/ private accommodation guests please wait for our confirmation email with all the important details within 24 hours after the booking as well.
- If not otherwise agreed the return location is the same as pickup location.
Confirmation will be received within 24 hours after the booking is made with all the important details (departure time and location…)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
We are doing our best and we optimize our experiences to the cruise line departure time so it is almost impossible to return back too late and miss the ship.
But still there are certain things we don`t have control over and this might happen as well.
So here we are explaining 3 possible reasons and solutions in case it happens.
- If we miss the ship because of our poor organization we will take you to your next port on our expense for free. We will make sure you will join your ship next morning before it arrives to port.
- If we miss the ship because the group or part of a group not respecting the optimized timings provided every time before any activity during the day than we will take to your next port as well but the expense will be on you. In this case you will still join your ship before it arrives to next port in the morning.
- If we miss the ship because of any scenario on which we or you do not have control over (heavy storm, some accident and the highway get closed for hours and we are stuck for hours, one of the passengers gets injured and had to go to the hospital….)
In this case we will take you to your next port as well but only for the lowest possible price that will cover gas, tolls, car usage and driver. We will not take a penny extra above that.
- Next port is most usually somewhere in Croatia (max 5 hours of drive) or Venice (2 hours of drive) so no need to worry much. Rather take this as an extra adventure experience with no stress because we have covered everything.