Piran & Scenic Drive Throughout Slovenian Coastline
Experience Slovenia`s most charming town Piran and enjoy a scenic ride throughout Slovenian coastline
Join us on this small group shore excursion journey to medieval town of Piran and a scenic ride trough Slovenia`s beautiful coastline in a comfortable, clean, air conditioned and up to date people`s carrier/van for up to 8 persons max.
Definitely one of the best options to experience Slovenia.
After we meet at the cruise terminal or another preferred location in Koper we will firs head directly to the town of Piran. Piran is the oldest Slovenian town and because of that is also called »museum town«.
It lays at the most western part of Slovenia between Italy on one and Croatia on the other side.
The biggest impact on its architecture was left from Venetian Republic times in 15th century so in Piran you will get the impression of Venice. But the town is far less crowded and had remained the spirit trough the years. Most of the residents still live there and give this town its unique atmosphere. Whether you will go up to see the church or just sit under the statue of Giuseppe Tartini- a famous violinist born in Piran, or wonder around just by walking its narrow streets, visit the towns market or have a glass of amazing Slovenian wine at the coast you will for sure fall in love with this amazing old town.
Piran is also home for a number of different artists from Slovenia and other countries.
We can also make a reservation for you at one of the local traditional Slovenian restaurant where some fresh fish and and great wine is served at affordable prices.
As we meet again after approx 2 hours we will drive trough picturesque landscape and see other three Mediterranean towns of Slovenian coastline and make a stop or two to take some great photos. On the way your driver will also explain you all about our beautiful country in terms of politics, statistics and history.
After that we will return back to Koper which will be the last town and where you will decide whether we take you back to your ship or another preferred location or drop you off at the city centre approx 10 minutes away from your ship and you will be able to explore and experience this main Slovenian coastal town on your own.
This is definitely one of the best way to experience Slovenia`s coastline. Within a small group, at your own pace in a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
Warm welcome to Koper- Slovenia
Slovenia Daytrip Team
- Hotel or cruise port pickup and drop-off
- All transportation
- Up to date comfortable air conditioned people`s carrier/van for up to 8 persons
- English speaking driver/ escort
- Basic Insurance
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Food and drinks
- Cruise passenger terminal in Koper
- Hotel or any other preferred pickup location
Departure time is usually exactly 1 hour after the ship docks. Please wait for our confirmation email with all the important details within 24 hours after the booking.
Hotel/ private accommodation guests please wait for our confirmation email with all the important details within 24 hours after the booking as well.
- If not otherwise agreed the return location is the same as pickup location.
Confirmation will be received within 24 hours after the booking is made with all the important details (departure time and location…)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
We are doing our best to optimize our tours to the cruise line departure time so it is almost impossible to return back too late and miss the ship.
But still there are certain things we don`t have control over and this might happen as well.
So here we are explaining 3 possible reasons and solutions in case it happens.
- If we miss the ship because of our poor organization we will take you to your next port on our expense for free. We will make sure you will join your ship next morning before it comes to next port.
- If we miss the ship because the group or part of a group not respecting the optimized timings provided every time before any activity during the day than we will take to your next port as well but the expense will be on you. In this case you will still join your ship before it arrives to next port in the morning.
- If we miss the ship because of any scenario on which we or you do not have control over (heavy storm, some accident and the highway get closed for hours and we are stuck for hours, one of the passengers gets injured and had to go to the hospital….)
In this case we will take you to your next port as well but only for the lowest possible price that will cover gas, tolls, car usage and driver. We will not take a penny extra above that.
4. Next port is most usually somewhere in Croatia (max 5 hours of drive) or Venice (2 hours of drive)
Have a question?